Friday, June 17, 2011

Last day of Light Box Therapy

Today is the last day of my light box therapy.
I had an appt last week with my dermatologist. He told me to buy flax seed oil and take double the normal dose daily. We need more omega's than most people. He said I could do fish oil pills if I wanted - but some don't like the fish burps I guess. Personally I have been taking fish oil pills for awhile and never once burped up any fish taste. I would know - I hate fish! I take Market America's Heart Heath Fish oil pills.

He also suggested I switch over my lotions and body wash to CeraVe & Cetaphil. They are nice - no smell and both say for atopic skin - some kind of dry skin condition I guess. I found they're a bit pricey - but I guess if they help I'll stick with them. I have tried many other expensive products before also. I let you know how it goes. I bought the CeraVe lotion at Walgreens for $16.99 last week. It's a pretty large size bottle. He told me to put lotion on everytime my skin gets wet from the bath or shower.

My Dermatologist also wants me to try to get more sun. I have to have the "bad areas" of skin exposed though so that would be really tough. He suggested I walk/run in a running bra and also put my hair up in a bun so the sun can reach the back of my neck and my ears. I tried the bun yesterday and it was no different than a pony tail - so easy. I'm not willing to brave running down the road in a bra yet though - I think this is great motivation to start doing crunches though :-)

I have a follow up in 5 weeks - will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Andrea,

    I just came across with your blog. Apparently a bit late, but hopefully this msg reaches you. I've been having psoriasis for 25y or so now, and at the moment is really really bad. I was wondering if you could share with me precisely what is that help you to get rid off it.
    Thanks in advance.
    I am glad to know that you are clean, it gives hope.

    Kind regards, Marina (marina.gimenez@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete