Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dermatologist appt.

I haven't been to the dermatologist in 16 plus years. I had a mole on my back that stuck out some and because my psoriosis is in that area I found I was constantly hitting it when I itched. At night if I was itchy I woke in the morning with the mole bleeding and irritated. It also would scab over. I decided it had to go - so I saw the derm this week. He said it looks fine - but removed it for me no problem. It was sore for a few days and I couldn't were a normal bra because the strap rubbed on it. So I've been wearing a sports bra for 4 days now. (Makes me feel like I should be at the gym).

He wanted to know what I was doing for my psoriosis and I said nothing. He let me know there were a lot of good drugs out now. I told him I would only be open to light therapy - nothing else. I spoke with his nurse for awhile while she prepared everything for the mole removal. I explained to her how I was on antibiotics for so many years and it really did a number on me - I'm not open to anything that will cause more harm in the long run. She told me you can do light therapy without having any drugs with it. It helps a lot of people. I know it's not a cure in the long run and I'm looking to get better for long term not short term - but it may help boost what I'm doing naturally. It also may make it so I can wear a swim suit this summer :-) So I'm going to start light therapy this coming week for awhile and see if it gives me that extra boost I need. I have minimal scaling right now but lots of deep red skin. I would like that to fade away :-)

I added in yellow saffron tea this past week also. It has very little taste. I ordered the yellow saffron and slippery elm bark tea the same day - but only the yellow saffron has arrived so far. I like it and thought I saw a little improvement with it - hard to tell so far thought. These are 2 teas recommended my Dr. Pagano.

3 comments:

  1. Did light therapy without drugs for ten years - it's an absolute miracle - ENJOY IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you worry about skin cancer at all? That's my only concern about it - and the crazy schedule.
    When you stopped did you psoriosis come back full force?

    I have seen so much improvement with diet that I'm hoping this gives it that extra boost - especially since all I have is mostly bright red skin.

    I'm glad to hear it worked great for you. Thanks for sharing that - I needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did narrowband light, which supposedly has the least incidence of cancer. i'm redheaded with very fair skin, and knock wood so far - no skin cancer. i did it 2-3 times a week for a few months at a time and when I stopped, it lasted for a few months. Until the end when it stopped working altogether. Yes, it came back full force, but I have it MUCH MUCH MUCH more than you do. Full body involvement. Don't let that get you down. Any help you can help is great help!!!!

    ReplyDelete