Monday, February 28, 2011

Narrowband light therapy

I started light therapy today. Yikes - insurance covers it but you still have to pay the copay. That's $60 extra a week. This is going to be really hard financially.
They started me off at 16 seconds. Boy that seems like nothing. You go into a room and the nurse punches your info into the computer. She tells you how long you'll be in. Because I have fair skin and it's my first time she did 16 seconds. There's a booth you stand in and shut the door then push a button for it to start. You wear dark glasses also. She gave the instructions on how it works, tells me I can leave my bra and underwear on if I want. If almost all the skin under the bra and underwear are affected then it would seem right to just go nude - which I did. Then you get dressed, pay your $20 and leave. I have one month of these scheduled for now. We'll see how it goes. I don't think I'll be getting a tan at 16 seconds a time :-) To bad - I really could use one.

No comments:

Post a Comment