Sunday, February 20, 2011

loosing weight still / infared sauna

I am still eating pretty good. I never ever have processed foods now which is great. I do almost all my cooking at home from scratch. I am learning I like a lot more new foods (especially veggies). The good new is I've lost more weight. I'm down now to about 157 (Started at 173).
I love fitting back into my size 10 jeans.

Someone recommended I try an infared sauna. I thought they were quite pricey for something I was "trying" and didn't know if I would like so I had passed on the idea....until I saw someone had one on craigslist for a really really great price. She had bought one of the small portable foldable ones and used it only once or twice - then she had bought one of the large wooden models. So I went this weekend and pickup up the small portable one for really cheap. I tried it out this morning. You basically sit in a small chair and zipper yourself in. I feel like I'm sitting in a space suit :-) It heats up - but doesn't have steam like the regular saunas. I makes you sweat. I don't know if it will make any difference at all - but I found it very relaxing. I sat in it and watched the news on tv then took a nice hot shower to wash off the sweat and followed up with lots of coconut oil all over my skin. They say you should sweat for detox reasons - if nothing else I like the heat as I'm always cold! I think it's a great way to start the day.

I tried dark chocolate almond milk this morning. That stuff is great! My church had a big women's ministries chocolate event last night. We had 9 different rooms set up that you travel around to and do something different. I was in the craft room all night making marshmallow snowmen so it was easy to not eat all that junk. At the end of the night one of the rooms had leftover cartons of chocolate almond and soy milk. I took home one of the almond milk to try. It was a great addition to my breakfast. I've tried the plain almond milk before and find I don't like to drink it by itself - but will use it for cooking and smoothies no problem. Like I said - trying new stuff is fun - never know what you'll end up liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment